10th Annual International OSAS Surgery Symposium
febrero 20 @ 8:00 am - marzo 3 @ 5:00 pm
* THIS EVENT IS NOT ORGANIZED BY SBORL
In celebration of the 10th Anniversary of the OSAS Symposium, 10 days of OSA courses are offered. Please note that each course and breakout session requires separate registration.
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Workshop (Main Event)
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Hypopnea Syndrome (OSAHS) is a disease with increasing prevalence. The application of surgery to the treatment for OSAHS is a growing field and this course was created to show-case the up-to-date surgical procedures available to treat those who cannot tolerate non-surgical treatment options. Utilizing a strong practical focus, the course will include anatomical, clinical and surgical oriented lectures, anatomical dissection with hands-on supervision and clinical case discussions to consolidate learning objectives. The face-to-face relationship between the faculty and participants makes this course an important starting point for all specialists who want to explore sleep breathing disorder surgery.
- State how to evaluate the upper airway from an obstructive sleep apnea perspective.
- Describe the heterogeneous nature of anatomical obstruction in obstructive sleep apnea.
- Explain how to identify the site of obstruction and determine if multi-level surgery is required.
- Demonstrate the surgical steps involved in common surgical interventions for obstructive sleep apnea.
- Describe and examine the surgical steps involved in common surgical interventions for obstructive sleep apnea.
- Identify perioperative morbidity and how to manage this in the surgical treatment of OSA.
- Discuss the role of surgery in pediatric OSA.
* The contents of this website are basically informative and aimed at a general public. Access to this information does not guarantee that it, as well as its texts, graphics or links, are exact or complete. SBORL is not responsible for any changes that occur in said event, for more information contact the company organizing the event.