- Este evento ha pasado.
4TH INTERNATIONAL TRANSORAL ROBOTIC SURGERY (TORS) CONFERENCE
15 abril, 2018|8:00 am - 16 abril, 2018|5:00 pm
TransOral Robotic Surgery (TORS) was first developed in 2004 at the University of Pennsylvania and in 2009 the FDA approved robotic surgery for selected malignancies of the oral cavity, pharynx and larynx and all benign tumors. In 2014, the FDA cleared robotic surgery for benign base of tongue resection procedures. When we first began our conferences the focus was the introduction and teaching of new techniques. TORS has now become the standard of care for benign diseases and malignant tumors of the head and neck. As TORS has evolved our conference has as well. The conference is geared to educate not only those just beginning to integrate TORS into their treatment approaches, but also physicians who have significant experience in TORS and would like to advance their knowledge further.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
• Describe the basic function of a robotic surgical system
• Identify the most common oncologic indications and contraindications for the use of a robotic surgical system
• Discuss Transoral Robotic Surgery for benign and malignant tumors of the mouth and throat
• Define preoperative evaluation and indications for the use of Transoral Robotic Surgery for Benign Base-of-Tongue Resection
• Assess postoperative management of patients undergoing TransOral Robotic Surgery
• Describe the role of Transoral Robotic Surgery in the multidisciplinary treatment of oropharyngeal cancer and how adjuvant therapy should be considered.
• Employ effective communication skills to ensure information exchanges between all provider teams leading to better overall surgical outcomes and patient experience.